Zimbabwe Men’s Sevens have been paired in Pool A alongside Samoa, Tonga, Ireland, and Mexico for June’s World Rugby Sevens Repêchage in Monaco, as Daniel Hondo side bid to book their ticket to the Tokyo Olympic Games.
The final qualification tournament for the Games will take place at the Stade Louis II from 19-20th of June 2021.
Following this morning’s Pool Draw in Monaco, Zimbabwe will face Samoa, Tonga, Ireland, and Mexico next month, with the top two teams from each pool progressing through to the knockout stages, culminating in the final with the winner booking their place on the plane to Tokyo.
Pool B sees hosts France, Hong Kong, Chile, Uganda, and Jamaica go head-to-head.
Zimbabwe continues to build towards June’s World Rugby Sevens Repêchage at the Rugby Africa Solidarity Camp in Stellenbosch South Africa, where they are facing Uganda, Kenya, and South Africa.
- Pool A: Russia, Argentina, Mexico, Samoa.
- Pool B: Papua New Guinea, Kazakhstan, Jamaica, Tunisia.
- Pool C: France, Hong Kong, Colombia, Madagascar.
- Pool A: Samoa, Ireland, Tonga, Zimbabwe, Mexico.
- Pool B: France, Hong Kong, Chile, Uganda, Jamaica.